Start-ups, SMEs and Students. ideaChef® Workshop offers a unique experience for those working in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Workshop challenge: How to win in the emerging market of self-driving cars?
14h00 | What is ideaChef® and how it works
14h30 | Use ideaChef® to address the chosen challenge - team work
16h30 | Find agreement on a solution for the chosen challenge and write the "recipe" - team work
17h30 | Presentation and discussion
18h30 | Conclusion
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This ideaChef® workshop is organised in 4 important phases:
- In advance participants should gather insights and identify possible answers to address the workshop challenge.
- At the beginning of the workshop, participants will be required to join a team (with 4 up to 6 members) and briefly pitch their ideas. Each team will choose an idea to play.
- Teams will play the chosen ideas with ideaChef® and report their own “recipes” to address the workshop challenge.
- At the end all the 'recipes' from different teams will be presented and discussed.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
After completing this ideaChef® workshop, you will be able to:
- Develop critical entrepreneurial and innovation capabilities: promoting the debate and accepting the opposite viewpoints, taking risks curiously, questioning assumptions, explaining things in a different way and collaborating in a more open and engaged way.
- Address challenges in a more structured way: helping in easily reaching a common conclusion, getting everyone on the same page and taking action in the same direction.
- Enhance, enrich and develop ideas: encouraging contributions from all players, in more balance and gaining valuable insights even from the quietest team members.
- Create actionable 'recipes': generating results that have been developed by ALL participants and agreeing on some actions to implement the “recipe”.
This workshop is designed to be interactive in nature, allowing participants to get more hands-on-support from the instructors throughout the different phases.
Therefore, the number of participants is limited in order to optimise contact and exchanges between participants and instructors.
GET FEEDBACK FROW YOUR PEERS AND ENRICH YOUR NETWORK!
"I see ideaChef® as an introduction tool to modernizing organizations needing to expand on innovation and creativity, giving the companies its competitive edge by focusing on developing the company culture with Human Capital being the catalyst."
"ideaChef® breaks the norm and provides an alternative means to work on new ideas through a game. It’s fun, engaging, and provides a sense of competition. Participants engage fully, unlike a regular workshop or brainstorming session where not everybody expresses themselves and it is hard to come up with a conclusion that is representative of the whole group. At the end of the game, ideaChef® provides a final report that creates a clear vision that represents the whole group. I highly recommend ideaChef® to help create team spirit and build consensus about the best direction to take."
"It was a good experience and the output of the session was very positive! It is indeed a good way to improve the brainstorming and getting everyone involved. From the HR perspective, I think it could also be used as a team building tool. Overall, I think we all had a great time playing ideaChef®, at least I did. :)"
"ideaChef® is a very innovative tool which can be used to generate more powerful ideas into results and create tighter more responsive teams. Combined with an experienced game facilitator this simple board game can be an enjoyable and interesting way to get the most from even those quiet genius types that have so much to offer, but are often overlooked."
"One week ago, a friend shared with me ideaChef®... First, I thought it would be an evolution of Business Model Canvas, but then I realized that it’s not! It’s more interesting and exciting, due to it’s 'gamification' flavour on top of recognized methods! ideaChef® integrates Service Design Concepts with Problem Solving Techniques and Business Innovation. In times of entrepreneurship, this is a perfect tool to take into account."
"I played the game with my team and it was a great experience. It was fun and we managed to get good results at the end. I now have 3 ideas that are part of my to do list for implementation."
"The end result is more rounded and thought through, and has the benefit that it has been developed by ALL participants."
"ideaChef® facilitates the stemming of multiple views on the problem to be faced as well as the discussion around them. Importantly, it helps in easily reaching a common conclusion."
"Sem coartar a criatividade, revelou-se uma ferramenta orientadora e de otimização dos recursos envolvidos e dos resultados obtidos; potenciou a capacidade analítica, a criação de laços e o compromisso entre os elementos da equipa."